Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

CIATE NAILS MINI MANI MONTH CALENDAR

I want to skip ahead of time and apologise for one lack of box, and two the distortion on the edges of the photos - excuse me whilst I go learn my new camera ahem.

So back to case in point, for those of you who maybe wondering what the insides of the Ciate Mini Mani Month aka. Christmas advent calendar! Now this is my first step away from chocolate, and therefore quite a novelty opening a mini nail varnish everyday. Now it doesn't come cheap, at £42 (sale ASOS for £33.50 currently) a pop, although I got mine from ASOS on a 20% off student day plus I had a £25 voucher, cut the cost there my friends for a bargain price of £8.50 I believe. So wasn't breaking the bank and I wanted to update my nail varnish collection. Now I hear that last years shade range wasn't all that, but I am fairly impressed with this years, but again novice here. Now with 24 doors, 23 mini pots (5ml) and one large (13.5ml), I was doing alright for the ££ per bottle, you do get a decent amount in each nail varnish, and I am happy to have smaller ones, one for storage and two, I think the only full size nail varnish I have ever finished was a Maybelline Pro nail varnish in a BRIGHT pink...we won't go there.
So you get 22 colours/glitters/nail art? And a top coat and base coat, although you obviously have to wait around for them still. I have found the top coat and base coat to work well at prolonging my manicure as I have TERRIBLE nails and nail varnish lasts all of a day on my usually no matter what I do. So yes impressed that this bumped up my wear to like 3 days maybe 4, which for a normal person I would say is a week. Also I find the topcoat to be very fast drying, which is a bonus as I always smudge my nails, whoops. Now I have only tried maybe 6 of the varnishes, as throughout December I was working and couldn't wear nail varnish - I tell you it was torture! They take 2 coats I would say, for the colours that is, for an even finish. For the glitters one coat is by far enough!
So yes not tried many but so far impressed and think it was defiantly worth my small investment and the novelty of opening one everyday was brilliant.

Did any of you have an interesting calendar last year? What do you think of the colours?

Laura x
p.s. you can see 2 of my trials on my Instagram @laurafloraa
sugar plum, glitter jingle belle, amazing gracie, pepperminty, locket.

boudoir, underwear (base coat), snow globe, ivory queen, confetti


speed coat (top coat), caviar pearls frost yourself, ferris wheel, sequin miss mistletoe, hopscotch

pillow fight, fit for a queen, caviar pearls christmas tree, play date, members only

kiss chase, party shoes, encorel, serendipity 




No comments:

Post a Comment