Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

I AM BACK! BOURJOIS RICE POWDER

So I am back, been crazy with dissertation then I was ill and then moving back to uni for my final 2 terms...scary! So blogging took a back seat momentarily, but I am back full speed ahead.




So back to the powder in question, the Bourjois rice powder, now I know this isn't a new release but I have been using it now for around 4 months after various rave reviews on it over the bloggershere, with it being an alternative to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder, which has been on my want list for about a year now. Now I know a £10 product isn't necessarily going to live up to one of £40 a pop but I brought it as my in-between before I save the pennies for it sort of situation.

This is one of Bourjois' releases for their 150th anniversary and this powder has been around since then, so it must be good, but I am sure you already know that. The powder itself is a pinky and very finely milled with a slight shimmer, which makes it very luminous on the skin. Now I have been using this for about 4 months now to set my make up all over my face, which maybe frowned upon by some because of the shimmer but to me it isn't that noticeable and just creates this lovely glow to the skin which is perfect in the depths of winter with what would be dull skin. Now as one for a more pressed powder gal, this packaging sold it to me, the lovely mint green packaging is lovely and no bigger than the palm of your hand, so not to BIG. Then the twist lid is effective at keeping the product in and useful for tipping some out into the lid to swirl my brush in, which I use the Real Techniques duo-fiber face brush to keep things light just as a heads up. The inside is the most clever and well thought out for a drug store product with the twisting insert that allows you to access the product or keep it all contained. I have loved this powder since day one and it just brightens my complexion for this time of year AND sets my make up, it has a huge thumbs up from me and will happily see me through till the purchase of the ambient lighting powder...a girl can wish.

Have you tried this?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment